Interview with Alternative Rocktronic Artist Cabuizee
MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Cabuizee: In high school, my passion for alternative rock music led me to pick up the guitar. Inspired by my brother’s band, I formed my own and took on the role of a drummer. As time passed, the band members went their separate ways, prompting me to embark on creating solo music. Alongside my love for alternative rock, I also found joy in electronic music, specifically future bass, influencing my unique blend of alternative rock and electronic sounds.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Cabuizee: In my upbringing, the musical influences shaping my taste included Linkin Park, Blink 182, Slapshock, Polyphia, iPrevail, Until I Wake, A Day To Remember, and various others.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Cabuizee: I aspire to perform on grand stages such as EDC and Lost Lands, with a parallel goal of inspiring and motivating emerging musicians to enhance their production skills—an endeavor I’m eager to persist in.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Cabuizee: I took the stage at the Soap Bubble anime convention in Chicago, captivating an audience of over 4000 attendees.
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the single ‘Empty – CHVOS Remix’ featuring Raddix and CHVOS. How did this remix come to be? What was the process like to create it?
- Cabuizee: The remix or EP of “Empty” release orchestrated by the record label “Emengy” was truly intriguing. They brought together exceptionally talented artists for a collaborative effort on an original track, with CHVOS being among them. The outcome was impressive, with commendable contributions from other remixers such as Bellorum, MozX, Soul Valient, and K Theory.
MuzicNotez: You have had a lot of success, with chart topping hits and millions of streams. What advice would you give to other independent artists trying to achieve that kind of success?
- Cabuizee: For aspiring artists, my advice is to maintain a hunger for success and stay true to yourself. Your authenticity is the artistic element that will distinguish you from other creators.
MuzicNotez: Your music can’t really be labeled as any one genre, how would you describe your sound?
- Cabuizee: I’d describe it as Alternative Rocktronic—a fusion of alternative rock and electronic music.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Cabuizee: I’ve been actively crafting Metalcore/Alternative Rock dubstep and Metalcore/Alternative Rock drum and bass. Excitement builds as I anticipate sharing it with you all.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Cabuizee: Anticipate listening to a multitude of distinctive IDs. What’s playing now is just the inception. ROCK ON!