Interview with Reggae Artist Kingly T
MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Kingly T: Both my parents were musicians, my father was a bamboo flutist who played professionally before becoming a Christian and my mother was an organist, My father was a pastor and my mother was a choir mistress. My brothers, sister, and I had the opportunity to learn an instrument and we used to have jam sessions on our porch some evenings, I was the only one since my father who took music to the professional level.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Kingly T: Bob Marley and the Wailers, Peter Tosh Jimmy Cliff, UB40, Black Uhuru Al Anderson, Cat Coore, George Benson, Neal Schon and The Police.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Kingly T: I want to keep recording music to uplift people of all races worldwide and to travel the world playing for them, keeping my messages clean and positive.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Kingly T: Reggae Sunsplash Jamaica
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the video for your single ‘Your Love In Me’. How would you describe this track? What inspired it?
- Kingly T: This song is the brainchild of Mariela Whittle, and I co-wrote it.
It’s about when you are truly in love, you can feel it within you no matter where you partner is, and this makes your world so beautiful.
MuzicNotez: Your journey began in Jamaica, but you’ve traveled all over the world. Now you reside in the USA and create your own brand of reggae music. How have your travels around the world influenced your sound?
- Kingly T: I love to travel and I learn from different cultures, I get influenced by the people I meet and the places I go, and also my experiences.
MuzicNotez: How do you want people to feel when listening to your music?
- Kingly T: Uplifted and joyful, they can forget all their problems and enjoy the music.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Kingly T: Right now, I am working on a new album to be released in early 2024, also planning a tour to Gambia Africa in December of this year.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Kingly T: Big thanks to the support of my fans much more to come from Kingly T, stay tuned.