MuzicNotez: What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Trish Melek: When I was a little girl, I remember my dad dancing in the kitchen with my mom and he was always singing to her. It’s a memory that is imprinted in my mind forever. His Brother was also an artist and watching him on stage in front of thousands always impressed me of his charisma with his audience. So, growing they began to by me instruments and we would have concerts in the Livingroom in our small house in Brooklyn!
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Trish Melek: Growing up, I listened to hours Of Motown music, also Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Italian Oldies and then Dance tracks From Disco to Classic Rock. We had a series of records that were played so much that the needle on the record player would have to get changed.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Trish Melek: My Ultimate goal is to send Positive messages to the world. For fans to have a place even for a few mins to forget about the problems in there life and dance and smile like no-one is looking! What a feeling it is to be singing on stage and your audience knows the words to your songs! Magical and a feeling that is indescribable.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Trish Melek: My Very first Live Concert was at Nassau Coliseum. Billy Joel was singing his heart out! I remember looking around and picturing me on that stage one day and seeing all my fans dancing in there seats. Dreams do come true! Recently, I was in Europe Attending a Festival and I was just standing there listening to some great music and the Artist seen me in the crowd and pulled me on stage and we finished the concert together! It was Spectacular and having an 18 piece live band behind me was a whole different experience.
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is ‘Waiting’, what inspired this release?
- Trish Melek: Waiting is a great dance song! After the world was on shut down due to the pandemic, we needed a pick me up.. We needed to get back to our lives and feel free again. Gathering with friends having a good time and feeling like there was not a care in the world.. My Girls were at the door and we were ready with our dance shoes on and the sun was going to rise.
MuzicNotez: What was the process like to creating ‘Waiting’?
- Trish Melek: I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by great artist/Dj’S, Engineers and creators in several different areas of music.. So when creating “Waiting”, I collaborated with the best! People who know my voice, my style and how to bring out what’s needed to make it work. These are people I trust and know that if I’m off a note, they will pull me right back into where I need to be. We are a family and that bond is so important to me on every level. We all succeed.. It takes a village to raise a child, it also takes a great magical team to put out great hits!
MuzicNotez: You’ve written over 40 ebooks, what are these books about?
- Trish Melek: I loved getting ebooks because I was always running and working on several projects, and did not have time to sit and read a full book. So, I would listen to ebooks.. I was approached by a prominent author who was fascinated by my voice because it was raspy.. He asked me to to read a page out of his new book and the next thing I knew it was a hundred pages… lol. These books vary from at least 10 cook books, children stories, Romances, suspense novels and informational reading. They can all be found online where E-books are sold! You should check them out!
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Trish Melek: At The moment I am working on several new songs from a ballad about relationships to more dance tracks to keep those feet dancing! I want each song to be different. I don’t want to get stuck in one area.. and why not try everything at least once and if it works for you and you love it…. Try it again and if it don’t that’s ok because the industry is vast and open to all new things. There is music for everybody too find and enjoy!
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Trish Melek: Music is an expression of the soul. It’s a tool to release feel good endorphins to make you happy and start dancing. It’s a way to bring people together even if you don’t know the person next to you but you’re dancing to the same song. Saying this, brings me to the type of music I love to write or produce. I want to bring people together in an atmosphere where even for a moment you can be in a safe space and express your love for dance and music. I have been Blessed and if I could change one person at a time to be in that space then my work is done and I walk off the stage feeling I have accomplished something magical life had to offer!