MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- SaraSoUnique: I’ve been singing since toddler years and I wrote my first rap at age 14. When I got into my early 20’s, I started making beats on a laptop. I took off from there. Today I make beats on my phone and record my songs in the studio. When I started realizing that I had a gift for music, I really wanted to do it and spend my money on it.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- SaraSoUnique: I would have to say that recently I’ve been really feeling Lil Baby, NBA Youngboy and Nicki Minaj. I grew up listening to Christian Rapper, T-Bone, Carman, Lil Bow Wow and more.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- SaraSoUnique: I just wanna make a better life for myself and the people around me. I always daydream of taking my friends for a ride and just spoiling them and just having more time on my hands for them. I also wanna be able to pay my parents bills so they don’t have to worry about anything. Last but not least, I want to be able to be there for my fans in a way that they never have to feel like giving up. I want them to know that I’m here for them.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- SaraSoUnique: I haven’t been to a concert in years but each time I went, my dad took me. It was T-Bone (the Christian rapper) and then Carman. I got to stand right in front of T-Bone while he was rapping. I was ten years old at the time. Recently, I dreamt I was on a huge stage outside and a lot of my dreams come true and I believe this one will also come true.
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the single ‘Never Look Back’, how would you describe this track?
- SaraSoUnique: Never Look Back is about knowing your worth and not selling out. It talks about the onlookers who try to contact you and make suggestions to change who you are but I know that I already got “it”. When I say “Everybody wants a little taste of the pie”, I’m saying that I AM the pie. Everybody wants a taste of what I got but I’m too whole to give up what I got. It’s a song full of confidence. I don’t have to look back in regret to turning down some things because I know what I got.
MuzicNotez: Do you write your own music? If so, how do you go about it?
- SaraSoUnique: Yes indeed. I sometimes just have a situation on my mind and I just start singing or chanting about it. Sometimes it’ll be a feeling about something and I’ll record music to match that feeling. I like to freestyle sing a lot. It’s what makes my music feel real to me. As far as rapping, sometimes it’ll be something off the top of my head and I hurry up and write it down and other times I just write what I got from the beat.
MuzicNotez: What makes you unique and different from other artists?
- SaraSoUnique: Well, I’m SaraSoUnique. I’m unique lol! There’s no other artists on Earth just like me and that’s the same for ANY artist out today no matter how hard you may try to be like somebody else because we were made to be different and stand out. Me, I’m into singing, rapping and beat making. Sometimes I hear music in my dreams before waking up and I wake up and sing what I heard so that I don’t forget what it sounded like. It’s definitely a gift from God.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- SaraSoUnique: Right now I’m working with other upcoming artists. I like to work with people who have a gift and passion like me. I’m working with some really cool verified artist behind the scenes so stay tuned. Big things are definitely on the way.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- SaraSoUnique: Never give up on your dreams. Fight for them. They’re possible just like you.