MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Kacey Fifield: Ever since I was young, I always loved singing songs from my favorite TV shows like Big Time Rush and Victorious! I started taking vocal lessons when I was 10 and, soon after, got the opportunity to record my first single “When I Grow Up.”.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Kacey Fifield: Growing up, I absolutely loved Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Big Time Rush, and Victoria Justice and always listened to the soundtracks of Disney and Nickelodeon shows! Now, I think a lot of my influences are my favorite artists: Conan Gray, The Weeknd, Billie Eilish, Gracie Abrams, and Tate Mcrae.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Kacey Fifield: My goal is always to inspire others and connect with listeners who are hopefully able to relate to my songs. My ultimate goals are to expand my audience and go on tour!
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Kacey Fifield: I had an amazing time performing at a charity concert for the Make a Wish Foundation! I got to fly out to Canada and be part of a very special wish which was incredible. In terms of concerts I’ve attended, Conan Gray’s concert last March was so magical. Conan is such a talented performer!
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the single ‘Palms’, what inspired this track and what does it mean to you?
- Kacey Fifield: Palms is an uplifting, tropical-flavored pop song that focuses on the importance of not letting anyone pull you away from your happy place, which is symbolically represented by the peacefulness of a beach vacation. Palms is my second collaboration with the super talented South Korean music producer, Little Rain. I am sure there will be more in the near future!
MuzicNotez: You’re not just an artist, you’re also an actress and influencer, what do you enjoy doing the most? What’s the most rewarding?
- Kacey Fifield: While I love all of my roles, singing and writing songs is really special to me because it’s how I can connect with others and express my emotions. It’s super rewarding to hear from people who relate to my music!
MuzicNotez: You have found a lot of success so early on in your career, how does that feel and motivate you moving forward?
- Kacey Fifield: I’m so incredibly grateful for the amazing opportunities I’ve received so far! It’s definitely motivating to know that there are people out there listening to and enjoying my music so, moving forward, I’m always inspired to make more relatable songs.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Kacey Fifield: Palms is the third single off my debut album, Between the Lines! The album is coming out on September 30th and I’m so unbelievably excited for everyone to hear these songs.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Kacey Fifield: Believe in yourself and persevere! There are so many roadblocks on the path to success but it’s so important to keep going to achieve your goals :))