MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Dianne Forte: Thank You! I’ve had a love for music, since I was 5 or 6. We had this old Pipe Organ, and my sister and I was just creating our own little songs and sounds as we play on it. Years later about 13 or 14, I began teaching myself, to play organ by ear, and watching my sisters, who could also play. I was raised in the church, so I learned to play for church services. I also sung in the choir.
My mom was definitely my motivator, because she wrote songs, and sent them in. Years later, my first poem I wrote, I dedicated to my sister who died of Breast Cancer, Played Organ very well. Beginning in the 90s, I later started writing other poems, and a song. My first song, God Is Love (And So Amazing) I had produced came from one of my poems after retirement 2019! I dedicated that song to my mom, who died in 2011, because she would have been so proud of me, being as creative as she was, and love doing.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Dianne Forte: Well, definitely Walter and Edwin Hawkins, Rev. James Cleveland, Shirley Caesar, Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams, Barry Manilow, Michael Jackson, and a long list of other Artist!
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Dianne Forte: My ultimate goal is to keep writing songs that inspire people to love, to have peace and hope, never give up! To keep the faith, you can achieve your dreams. Nothing is impossible, if you believe!
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Dianne Forte: The only one I can remember was a Luther Vandross Concert many years ago.
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the gospel song ‘God Sees Your Heart’, what does this song mean to you? What inspired it?
- Dianne Forte: I am a very spiritual person. I believe in God. I can always talk with him, get a pray thru. I believe that he knows and sees everything I do, think or say. Since a lot of people are suffering right now around the world, and he can get you thru all the hurt, pain, depression.
I just wanted to inspire people that, no matter who you are, or where you come from and what you’re going thru. Keep the faith! Never give up! God Sees Your Heart!
MuzicNotez: You began writing poems early on and transitioned that to being a songwriter now, how would you describe your songwriting style? What’s your songwriting process like?
- Dianne Forte: My style is Alternative/Christian. I usually write from the title of the song. My creativity comes early in the mornings, and I begin to write my lyrics down and build on them from there, doing rewrites, the Verses, Chorus and Hooks. I’m still learning, and I’m not perfect. But I love the creative thoughts, beats and sounds I get when I’m working on one.
MuzicNotez: What’s your music recording process like?
- Dianne Forte: My lyrics are sent to a studio for hire, with my voice singing the Lyrics. I choose the instruments. I make sure the music is done according to what I think it should sound like. Request changes as needed, add vocalist, backup singers.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Dianne Forte: Right now, I’m busy in the promoting stages of my songs, but I definitely have something else in mind, I have started working on it. It may take a little time, but I will definitely keep you posted.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Dianne Forte: I donate to charities! One of my favorite is the American Cancer Society, for many years to hopefully find a cure! My sister died from breast cancer. Other members in my family are suffering or had cancer. I would love to give a portion of my proceeds from the streams, sales, etc. of my songs to this charity.
Hey Fans! Follow me on my Social Media Sites! Thank You for Your Support!
Instagram Fan Page: (iamdiannefortemusic)
Twitter Fan Page:(@Diannefortemus1)
My Instagram Page: Dianne.Forte1