MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
- Tia McGraff: Thank you for the opportunity to share my story with all the beautiful MuzicNotez followers
MuzicNotez: What motivated you to start creating music?
- Tia McGraff: I was 19 when I won the Canadian Open Country Singing Contest. The prize included free recording studio time in Niagara Falls and cash which I used to buy my first guitar. I taught myself a few chords, wrote my first song, Mister, and recorded it at the studio. We released it to Canadian Country radio and the phone started ringing. It was all very surreal.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Tia McGraff: I’ve been blessed to write and record and/or share the stage with some unbelievably amazing humans and artists. All of whom have inspired me in some way and helped to shape my musical sound and voice. Randy Bachman (BTO), Johnny Cash, June Carter, Andrew Gold, Mark Slaughter, Steve Balsamo, and of course, my beautiful husband and brilliant songwriter, Tommy Parham.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Tia McGraff: I really just want to know that my music has inspired someone today, connected with them on a beautiful spiritual level to invoke love.
MuzicNotez: What’s your latest release of yours? Tell us about it.
- Tia McGraff: My new single, Go Your Own Way was co-written with Tommy Parham and Kevin Fisher in California. We loved the song and decided to record it. Last year I submitted the song to the EmPower Songwriting Awards and we won the Best Social Justice category. This song has such a powerful and current message of diversity and inclusion, I really hope it changes lives.