MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
Introduce yourselves, what are your names and rolls in the band?
- Lÿnx: First and foremost the man in front is Lazer Wild, we have Blade on the guitar always killing it, Fangs on the bass keeping the low end alive, and Flash on the drums, he’s never sitting still!
MuzicNotez: How did you meet and form up? How long have you been together?
- Lÿnx: Lazer and Blade originally formed the band in 2020, starting with a cover of Someone You Loved and through their shared love of music decided it was time to go for something a little more serious. Fangs joined the band late September 2020, and Flash joined earlier this year. Somehow feels like we’ve always been a band though.
MuzicNotez: How did you come up with the name Lÿnx?
- Lÿnx: Blade actually finalized on the name, up late one night (as he usually is) he spotted a Lynx crossing the road in his neighbourhood. What started as a chance encounter turned into something profound, you may not see a lot of Lynxes running around but when you do you stop to watch, that’s what we are trying to accomplish!
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the band you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Lÿnx: We each have our own particular style of music that we listened to growing up anywhere from Fangs and his backwoods country to Lazer and his pop rock mixes hahaha! but we all agree on one thing Rock’n’Roll is in our blood nothing beats turning it to 11 and rocking out!
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Lÿnx: Too many to say the list is just too long, one notable mention, Fangs was lucky enough to see Gord Downie perform at the Ottawa bluesfest just a few months before he passed on.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a band? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Lÿnx: First and foremost we are always working on ourselves as individuals and as a band. Keeping our mind and bodies in check, healthy and ready to rock! We all just want our music to be heard, and honestly what good is it between the four walls of the studio? A message, or more like a promise we want to make is that we will work hard, stay determined and persevere to get to where we want to be. To play for fans, for rockers, for the people!
MuzicNotez: You recently dropped your debut self-titled EP, how do you feel this turned out?
- Lÿnx: Turned out like a time machine, put it on, press play and let yourself be taken back to the 80’s A time when Rock’n’Roll was on everyone’s lips and the men used more makeup than the ladies hahahaha!
MuzicNotez: What’s your bands writing style like?
- Lÿnx: Honestly, toughest question! We aim to be a party band, a band people can go and see (hopefully soon!) and just have a great time from start to finish, and that’s where most of our songs originate from, beyond that its whatever comes to mind on any given day someone has an idea for a song, we talk about it, if we all get behind it one of the guys gets working on the lyrics.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Lÿnx: Coming soon our first music video!!! we are all really pumped to have the filming done and have it in the final works! And of course new music. We are always working on new music as it is our passion and purpose!
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Lÿnx: Not much to say about ourselves and our music we hope speaks for itself. We would like to mention to our fans and the fans of music everywhere that we are just as impatient to get out on the road and start playing live music! So when the day comes and you are going out keep your eyes peeled you may just spot Lÿnx!!!!