Interview with Pop Artist Charlotte Hull
MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Charlotte Hull: I have been songwriting and singing ever since I was little as a hobby. During 2020 when the world was on lockdown, I took my music and covers online as I have lots of free time to do so, so I was posting every-day on Instagram. I started a interview series called music experiences every Wednesday which was great fun to networking but connect with musicians also.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Charlotte Hull: Taylor Swift is one of my biggest songwriting inspirations, her songwriting elevates the music and there are so many of her songs I wrote!
When I was a kid, Demi Lovato and Halsey were a huge inspiration as their voices are incredibly powerful! Adele also, pop influences mainly growing up. Also, Florence and the machine were big influences growing up.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Charlotte Hull: My goal related to music is that I want to continue to release my music and continue to do gigs but on a bigger scale. I would like to be a popular UK Pop artist.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Charlotte Hull: The greatest concert I’ve ever seen is Florence And The Machine, Dance Fever Tour. It was magical, so entertaining and Florence’s voice is amazing!
I performed at my first gig last summer at The Mustache Bar and that will always me up there for me as it was such a great opportunity that I have wanted to do for years and it went great!
MuzicNotez: The latest, and only song that we see from you on Spotify is called ‘Wishing’. Your voice sours in this track, so we were immediately impressed. How would you describe the song?
- Charlotte Hull: The song Wishing is very personal, I would describe the genre as Pop-Indie. A song about personal growth and wishing for what you can’t have. I am very proud of this song and have to shout out the producer @Patrick.notario who was an amazing collaborator and brought my vision to life!
MuzicNotez: Your Instagram page says you’re a singer and songwriter, what is your songwriting process like?
- Charlotte Hull: My songwriting is based on personal experiences. Emotions or thoughts I have or events I have observed in my life. Songwriting is my therapy so I am writing all the time.
MuzicNotez: Your page also says weekly music, and you release a lot of videos of you singing. What has the response been like so far? How does it feel to be in this moment right now launching your music career?
- Charlotte Hull: When I first began my Instagram account it was daily, but as life started to thrive again, I couldn’t commit to daily uploads so I committed to weekly instead and I love the little community I have formed on my Instagram, I have truly made online friends shoutout to @isis_singing_and_fashion3
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Charlotte Hull: Currently, I am working on a track with a producer @felixbttg_music who is such a great collaborator! We are remotely collaborating and I am writing the lyrics and singing on the track. It’s currently in the works but should come out soon. Keep up to date on my Instagram for updates!
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Charlotte Hull: Thanks for asking me to do this interview! I love networking and meeting fellow artists and I am so excited for the future as I am going to be uploading much more music! Thank you to everyone who has been there from the beginning!