MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Kenn Farr: I started creating music by making beats in the 3rd Grade at school when I was about 8 or 9 years old by beating on desk in the classroom which almost got me suspended several times.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Kenn Farr: My musical influences were an eclectic mix of Artists like Andre Crouch, BeBe Winans/ Marvin Winans, Prince, The Carpenters, Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Clark Sisters, Michael Jackson, Dr. Dre and more…
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Kenn Farr: My ultimate goal is to win a Grammy and sell out some of the largest concert stadiums worldwide.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Kenn Farr: The greatest concert was Kool and The Gang.
MuzicNotez: Your debut single was ‘I Go Get It’ which has been one of your most popular so far. What’s this song and it’s success mean to you?
- Kenn Farr: The debut single “I Go Get It” encourages everyone to positively Go Get everything that you should be blessed with on the highest level. The success of this song has really shocked me because I did not know this song would explode this fast and was unsure how people would receive this hard hitting bass out song with faith based lyrics.
MuzicNotez: We don’t often see artists that classify themselves as Gospel and Hip Hop, how do you ride that fine line between those genres and create a sound your own?
- Kenn Farr: I am a Contemporary Gospel Artist that loves to incorporate Hip Hop, Blues, R & B and Classical together. It took me a long time deciding how I would walk that fine line, but it is finally working for me.
MuzicNotez: How does your time in the church and your faith influence your music?
- Kenn Farr: My father was a Preacher and I grew up going to church almost every day which my mother help mold the spirit of God in my heart and soul.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Kenn Farr: I have just completed my new album titled 4013 and I have a new music video for “I Go Get It” that will be available March, 2023. Several new singles that will touch your heart and test your car speakers. Also, Kenn Farr Merchandise including T- Shirts and clothing line.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music?
- Kenn Farr: I would like to thank all my fans, family and everyone who continue to support me and the music that God has inspired me to make. A Huge Shout Out to my Mother and Father who is in Heaven.