MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you again, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What’s new since we last spoke?
- Eli Purks: I have been working on my project, I have an album that is coming out, so been really focused on that and I also have released 4 songs this year.
MuzicNotez: How would you describe your brand of pop music?
- Eli Purks: I would say it’s a lot of things, I think of myself as very versatile I don’t like doing the same thing, so it’s everything from funk, to alternative, to r&b, to soul to jazz. Expect all of that on the album.
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the single ‘Get High’, what inspired this track?
- Eli Purks: The song was written by a talented songwriter named Marshall Charloff who is from Minneapolis, and the song is a ‘lift you up’ type of song it talks about rising above negativity.
MuzicNotez: If you could work with any other artist, alive or dead, who would it be?
- Eli Purks: Dead would be Prince, Alive would-be Doja Cat.
MuzicNotez: What has been the greatest moment of your music career to date?
- Eli Purks: So far, it’s been releasing music and sharing it with the world and actually seeing people stream it.
MuzicNotez: If there are young artists out there just starting out, what kind of advice could you give them to find success like you are?
- Eli Purks: Do not try to be something that you aren’t, don’t try to chase trends just let it happen naturally, if something doesn’t feel right don’t do it. Always trust your instincts.
MuzicNotez: You love performing on stage, what is your process to get ready for a live show?
- Eli Purks: Vocal warmups, and mentally preparing and watching live performances.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Eli Purks: Finishing up my album is all I’m focused on, you can expect lots of music.