MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- ViennaCC: I learnt classic piano when I was 6 and at primary school, important for learning notes. I made it to “For Elisa” (L.v.Beethoven) level. I made first compositions in the style of W.A.Mozart. The motivation was my interest in music
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- ViennaCC: I like classical music like Jimi Hendrix, LedZeppelin, Kinks, Beatles and more 60s bands. I learnt guitar by putting on records and playing along with a guitar I borrowed from my sister. Btw I never returned the guitar. I preferred Rolling Stones records, because blues was easier to play along with. My music always a has rock and pop impact.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- ViennaCC: My goal is to get heard and entertain people. And if I can make a few dollars I would appreciate it. Being accepted as good songwriter would make me feel fine. And to wipe out my accent to crawl out of the indie underground.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- ViennaCC: My greatest concert was a free event in the City of Vienna. People stopped and the crowd became bigger and bigger.
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the single ‘Cook For Me’ off your album ‘The Sun Comes Out – EP’. What inspired this track? How would you describe it?
- ViennaCC: I was in doubt to release the song. The message sounds like macho: a woman is cooking for a man coming home from work. Sounds archaic. But I like good food and enjoy being spoiled by a woman. Why not say that? I had more doubts in the music video where a black woman is cooking for me, a white man. I thought: “OMG, I look like a racist. And macho.”
The more at the end she is washing dishes and I do not help. But I was laughing while cutting the video when I saw her dancing while cooking. I think with a closer look you see in the music video that we show love. To make it clear: I am for equal rights for men and women.
Well, I will not protest if a lady cooks for me. Why not?
Btw, meanwhile ranking nr.2 in European Indie charts.
MuzicNotez: How do you produce your music? What’s your writing process like?
- ViennaCC: Mostly I first write the lyrics, because that is harder for me than writing music. The lyrics should have a stringent message, a golden thread. It is quite easy for me to find a melody and an arrangement. I produce my music in my music studio, what is simply said a room, a vocal booth (a section of a studio that’s isolated from the rest of the room.), a pc and a few instruments. I call it DOVUM studios to impress people. DOrnbach, apart of Vienna where I live, Video Und (=and) Music.
MuzicNotez: You play a number of instruments, from guitar to piano. What instrument would you like to learn next?
- ViennaCC: I will learn another instrument when I master the ones I play now. Hmm, so never…
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- ViennaCC: Besides the songwriter and music video producer I have material for two books. I registered at an actor agency, maybe I get a job as actor again. I already played in two small films. Painting is interesting, maybe one day I will paint. I have ideas for paintings. For me this would be interesting sidesteps. I am music producer, music is my Nr.1 job. Sometimes I think I am employed at Muses temple – but without ability to negotiate salary.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- ViennaCC: My message, and that turns out in my songs, is simple: Enjoy life – only James Bond lives twice.
P.S. good food is part of a good life. Let a lady “Cook For Me”