MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Jeffrey Lucky Hodnett I began singing at the age of 10 my mother and Country Music were my Motivators. I started songwriting at 17.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Lucky: I had a lot of Musical Influences but the one Main Influence was the Legend George “Possum” Jones who had a hand in giving me my stage name the world and Country Music Know me by Today which is ” Lucky”. I have always wrote and sang songs that I have Personally Lived thru.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Lucky: I would love to achieve a CMA or Grammy. I have achieved so Much already and have really been blessed by God himself with Loving Fans Worldwide.
MuzicNotez: You have your own label entitled ‘Lucky 7 Music Group’, this must really help you to release your music your way. How would you describe your label?
- Lucky: Yes I do and It Does. Lucky 7 Music Group is a Reflection of Myself and The Music it Releases along with Other signed Artist we Have and Staff.
MuzicNotez: How does your album ‘Way Down Beneath the Water Deep: The Gospel Collection’ differ from your other releases?
- Lucky: It was my first Gospel album released as I grew up on Gospel and Love it Like country. I also Wrote a lot of the tracks for this album to share my Love of Gospel with the World and My Love for the Lord.
MuzicNotez: Your mother was a big part of your life and music career, but sadly you lost her to cancer last year (2021). Fittingly, you released a song dedicated to her entitled ‘Mama Don’t Ever Change’, I’m sure this was very therapeutic for you. What can you say about that song and your mother?
- Lucky: Yes a Friend and Ex Manager of Mine Richard Pummill Wrote the song as He lost his mother to Cancer as well before I lost mine. I heard the song and Fell in Love with it as it reminded me of my own mother who was everything the song described. It is a Beautiful song. My Mother Linda Bays was not only my mom but my best friend growing up and when I got older. She was always a major part of my Music career until she got sick and couldn’t do it anymore. She was a Beautiful Lady with a Giant Heart who Touched many Lives and also was a great Musician and singer.
MuzicNotez: You also sing with your son Allen, that has to be very rewarding, what’s that experience like for you?
- Lucky: Yes Allen Micheal Hodnett is My Baby Boy. He started writing songs when he was 18 I released his album on Lucky 7 Music Group label in 2016 Titled ” The Journey” by Micheal allen as his stage name is.I was Honored to sing with my son as I was with My Mother Before.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Lucky: Working on some new material and Touring still when Covid Allows Venues to reopen. Also Running our Online/ FM 24/7 Radio Station ” Lucky 7 HD Radio / Mix 96 FM WLUC” which is available to hear and use Free Music Chat Room on Our site at Lucky-Hodnett.com just hit Lucky 7 HD Radio / Mix 96 FM Tab in Page Menu and Your There. WLUC is Hit Music Variety. You can expect a New Lucky Hodnett album in 2022.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Lucky: I would Love to tell the Fans I Love you all. May God Bless & Keep you all. Join me on tour and The Radio station Lucky 7 HD Radio / Mix 96 FM WLUC. Also don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, You tube, Spotify and All Platforms. Lucky Hodnett. Also all the Lucky Hodnett Albums are Available online everywhere Music is sold. My New Book is also available on Smash words, Amazon, Barnes and Noble & More. “Lucky Hodnett” Autobiography 26 Year Music Legacy. To all People interested in getting into Music follow your Dreams the Sky and Your Heart are the only Limits.