MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Ace Uno: I Thank you for this opportunity, i am very blessed for this interview. man I’ve came a long ways, first tapped into my first studio at the age of 14-18. I stopped for 10 years. i was def young and mis guided. Started with poetry i had to do in history class. ended up discovering i express myself with writing. I got back at it 2 years ago. It was very chaotic times going the wrong path. My best friend brought up the idea of getting in the studio. Brought me back to writing and freestyles, i realized i missed that feeling of expression.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Ace Uno: Honestly when i was growing up i was into different genres. From funk to disco, techno, reggae. My main was hip hop & house. I grew up listening to the chronic album with snoop and dre. warren g dub c. Im La native so i love G funk type west coast hip hop. I got into the bay area hyphy movement with mac dre. i always was open to all types of music.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Ace Uno: I’ve been quiet for to long about how i feel. when people resonate and can groove to my style is a great feeling. i want to travel and do shows and concerts. really connect with the world. Be your authentic self and speak your truth. people appreciate artist that talk sold.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Ace Uno: Concerts I’ve been to is Rock the bells. Saw kendrick lamar perform good kid mad city(great album). Also went to edc La& vegas. My vision is to be on stage doing festivals.
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the song ‘All Black Whip’, what inspired this track?
- Ace Uno: My cousin has a all black whip. newer chevy. we have many memories in that car. Things got hectic at times. def bumped heads with certain groups at times. it stopped me to speak my truth.
MuzicNotez: What was your recording process for the track?
- Ace Uno: My cousin brought me the beat. i composed it onto the program. He had the hook all ready to go. once we finished the hook. i went off on my verses. i use to write now n days i freestyle my verses. i feel like more emotion are expressed that way. mixed and mastered myself.
MuzicNotez: Do you write your own music?
- Ace Uno: I use too. now i freestyle my verse. I will end up writing down what i said so i can double up and have it just in case.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Ace Uno: I have more music in the vault. now I’ve been letting my ideas come to me. Im looking to lock into the business side and make a solid foundation.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Ace Uno: Don’t ever let anyone project their insecurities on to you. Move to your own drum and take advice as a blessing when it comes to your craft. stay positive you miss one you might hit the next one. everything works itself out.