MuzicNotez: What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Aemzo: I’ve been singing since before I could speak . Making my own music though didn’t start until I was about 12. My sister had a key board and my first instrument was a drum kit, we used to jam for days creating our own songs pretending we were in a girl band from our bedroom. I remember being fascinated with harmonies and when I found a new one, I would make her sing it over and over.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Aemzo: My mums collection of records is just epic and I discovered them around the age of ten. I sat writing the lyrics to rappers delight, and the message determined to know every flow and rhyming pattern. I grew up listening to a lot of the greats like Prince, MJ, Whitney, Siade and Motown from my mums influence and allot of dub and reggae on my dads side. I also remember the day I was in the back of my dads work van low riding on the way back from school and Tupac was on the radio, I had never heard such a soul wrenching raw sound, I was obsessed. Blessed to have such an eclectic introduction to music, opening many doors for my own discovery over the years.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Aemzo: I am in love with the process of creating. Waking up in the morning and knowing that by the time my head hits the pillow again, something that didn’t already exist on this planet will be here… this excites the f*ck out of me. In a world where feeling is brave, being able to express those emotions in a song is nothing less than a gift, and I am here to just share that with anyone who resonates. I am not sure when it became Kool to be heartless but, I do know that over time love music has changed, I want feel that fuzzy 90s RNB flex, mixed with the simplicity of an old school 60s banger, topped with an edge of Brent Fayiaz to steam up the place. I wanna make raw authentic timeless music that goes beyond the realms of Kool, the world might not be ready for the levels of real I’m coming with, but that’s okay, cause I am working on my projects and living my best life. It’s not the destination it’s the journey right?! If you’re having a fun it’s never a waist of time.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Aemzo: I have been blessed with the amount of live music I have seen. When I was 14 my childhood bestie and I snuck off to a Beyoncé concert. I have seen so many greats from B to Eminem, to LP. Not to mention an absolute array of underground Hip hop that has absolutely blown my mind, to many to mention or choose. Seeing live music is so magical because everyone in the same room is having their own unique experience, I always feel like I’m the only one on the room connected to the music in my own little bubble .
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the single ‘Freedom’. We’re listening to it now and its really great by the way. What does this release mean to you?
- Aemzo: Thank you! The creation of freedom was a real internal journey for me. Discovering in real time the difference between love and attachment. Being able to love someone from a distance, to love and let go simultaneously was a massive level up for me.
MuzicNotez: Your music is incredibly hard to pin under one genre as it has so many influences and is a unique sound all your own. How would you describe your sound?
- Aemzo: I completely agree and I am glad of this. It’s not great for marketing purposes but, I am not here to fit in to labels or boxes on this planet, I’m here to create an entirely new sound. I feel like there a million layers to my essence as a person, constantly evolving as an open channel of creativty I try and encompass my everything in each song. Just an obscure expression of the multiverses.
MuzicNotez: You’re proudly a UK artist out of one of the best music cities in London. How would you describe the music scene today in London for a rising artist like yourself?
- Aemzo: It is buzzing, I’m inspired every day and always discovering new music and artists. I’m actually super hype to hear what’s to come from so many faces.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Aemzo: I am working on so much my archive is actually bursting. There will be more singles from me while I’m still growing my audience, but my life project is cooking away ready to drop in divine timing .