MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Uknomewel: thank you for the opportunity to grace your platform, and to get straight to it, I was motivated by those who came before me.. artist and activist the ones who stood on their beliefs and and possessed a will to speak and be heard my direct environment was oppressive drugs and systemic entrapment I wanted to speak for those in that condition
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Uknomewel: 2pac, Wu Tang Clan, Big Pun, AZ, Nas, 2LiveCrew,alot of the older lryicst and prefromers and my brother Sun Mu..I’m sure im showing my age right now… lol
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Uknomewel: I have achieved!! I’m here!! Ion pose to be here!! Im a product of the struggle interntal and external. ..I preservered i don’t succumb to the mindset that prevents us from overcoming, but my ultimate goal is to provide someone else with inspiration someone somewhere. …I’m a reflection of You!! As far as the music scene I want to write more and work one on one with other artists and keep my hand in the mix.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Uknomewel: I have to say the 2HOTRADIO Vitural Concet at on NYE at Black Ink Atlanta
MuzicNotez: How’d you come up with your artist name? What’s it mean to you?
- Uknomewel: My name Uknomewel… is a play on four words (you,know,me,well) I have been around and my city knows me from posting on those hot blocks doing what we do …but more then that the name is a calling to the listener saying i relate to you …bc the battle that we all fight varies from person to person but at the end of the day we all share the struggle in the sense that we all go through it some how…and in that way You know me …I’m the struggle…
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the music video for ‘Neon Diamonds’. What was the filming process like for this video?
- Uknomewel: it was fun to say the least. ..we had a good time!! It got a little intense and interesting at points… but overall it was a smooth shoot we wanted to reflect a photo shoot setting and give a feel good vibe…I honestly had a 100 concepts that I wanted to incorporate but that end product was dead on.
MuzicNotez: You collaborate with a lot of other artists, such as with 2B on Neon Diamonds. If you could choose anybody, who would you like to collab with next?
- Uknomewel: I have a track Breathe ft Constantine and the Well respected King Crooked (Crooked I) out now check that!! But I would love to work with a number of artist i can’t begin to even name them …if I had to say one ill say Meek Mill
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Uknomewel: I’m working on my second album to be released and a mixtape… I have teamed up with an independent radio station that push independent artist and I will be directly working with artists to keep their music heard ..also im looking to be hitting the surrounding states in the near future for live performances
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Uknomewel: Time waits on no one …if you want it go get it #letswork!