MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
Introduce yourselves, what are your names and roles in the group?
- Double Impact: We Appreciate you taking the time to Interview us. Double Impact consists of myself,
Spencer Woods (Dilla) and Brian Crayton (Fye). We both come up with hooks, concepts, choose beats, and write the songs we put out. We are also Co—CEO’s of our own own label, Double Ego Records.
MuzicNotez: What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Double Impact: I (Dilla) started rapping in College at Purdue University back in 1994 with a group called the G-Mob, I was 20. The G is for Intelligent, lol. The pure joy of putting my pain, or whatever my emotions are to a beat is what always inspired me. After college I started a group, but unfortunately my cousin passed before we could really get started. Fye was about 14 at the time, and had a knack for freestyling. He was a perfect fit.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Double Impact: Dilla-Run DMC, Rakim, LL Cool J, amongst a few others for me. I grew up during the Golden Age of Hip Hop. Once I moved back South, groups like Eightball and MJG, Outkast, The Ghetto Boys, No Limit Records, and other pioneers were prominent influences
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Double Impact: Fye-I want to reach the height of my career. I want to go to the top.
Dilla- My ultimate goal is reach as many people as possible. Ive always had a story to tell. I enjoy putting smiles on people’s faces, and ultimately, the beat won’t let me stop.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Double Impact: Dilla—Other than the two we’ve thrown ourselves, New Edition, The Fat Boys, Whodini, and Heavy D in Birmingham, Ala, back in 84..LMAO
Fye- Our first show we put together ourselves back in 2021, right after achieving world-wide notoriety.
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the single ‘You Don’t Know’. What’s this track about? What’s it mean to you?
- Double Impact: Fye- It’s really about the struggle, and my life and struggles.
MuzicNotez: You took a hiatus in your music career to raise a family, now that you’re back, how has your music changed?
- Double Impact: Dilla-More maturity, a clearer sense of who I am, and honestly, Pain creates Diamonds if you never quit! We’re Diamonds with some stories to tell.
Fye – We’re older. We rap about different things than we used to. Our lifestyle is different and so is our music
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Double Impact: We have quite a few new songs we’re working on. Club Bangers, Struggle Music, Hood music, and we’re planning a summer tour in a few cities we have contacts in.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Double Impact: Dilla—Our music is as honest as it gets. It speaks to who we are. Good, Bad or Indifferent. If you have a dream, age, location, nor money can define it or stop it. Keep Pushing
Fye-I’m a great person to work with. I can get along with anybody. I love doing music, and I believe Im great at it.