MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Gianluca Zanna: When I was 9 I found a record of Donna Summer (vinyl of course) and it made me fall in love with electronic music. Giorgio Moroder was the producer and Brian Reeves was the sound engineer and just recently destiny brought me the opportunity to have Brian as my sound engineer for my latest new songs.
Besides Giorgio Moroder and Donna Summer, I loved the French songwriter Jean Michell Jarre exactly the song Oxygene #4 was a great inspiration in creating music and the sound I was looking for.
Besides electronic music when I was 11 and I join the boarding school I then found out the band Kiss and their album Dressed to Kill was my introduction to hard rock. Billy Idol, another artist that I loved very much and I used to listen to his songs when I was 16 in Military school, it gave me great inspiration and still here, mr Brian Reeves was behind every song he recorded.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Gianluca Zanna: My goal is to give people emotions since all my songs were inspired by real life emotions. My commercial goal is to have my songs licensed all over the world and to leave to my 2 little sons a legacy and the opportunity to have a little easier life than their father, not facing what I had to face from my upbringing in public boarding school and the need to emigrate to another country to find a better life.
My message: We are our thoughts. Be careful of what you think.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Gianluca Zanna: I do not do concert because I am not a performing artist but a songwriter and music producer. Lately I have been thinking to produce a live show with some of my best dance songs along with Hit songs from the 80 and 90s all over the world and hit clubs around Europe.
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is ‘Just Dream It Destiny’, what inspired this song?
- Gianluca Zanna: My life since I was a child was just a dream, a dream to a better life and to come to America. When I was 12 I was already in boarding school and Instead of playing soccer I was in the library reading books about America and I was dreaming to come here and do the things I do. I believe in the power of the mind and visualization.
The song Just Dream it contains a powerful hypnotic language crafted to unleash the power of your mind and to create your own reality. If you can dream it you can make it real. PS I am a certified Hypnotherapist www.SelfDefenseHypnosis.com
MuzicNotez: What artist would you like to work with the most next in your studio?
- Gianluca Zanna: Giorgio Moroder
MuzicNotez: You’re not just an artist and producer, you have your own label. What makes your label different from others?
- Gianluca Zanna: I created my label mostly to produce my songs (over 120 so far) but lately I am starting collaborations with artists from all over the world. What differences me from other labels is that I am a songwriter first then a music label, so I can understand better what artists are looking for and what their needs are.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Gianluca Zanna: I am starting a project with an artist from Sedona AZ Claudette Lyons. We are creating a series of hit songs with the background ambiance of nature, all blended in electronic super catchy soundtracks with techno riff and synths.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Gianluca Zanna: I want to thank everyone who streams, downloads or purchases my music
You made the dream of a little Italian boy now a reality.