MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you again, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
So what’s been new with you since we last talked?
- Hayden Grove: It’s an honor to chat with you guys again! The only thing really new is the re-release of my album, “Hayden: The Album,” which I’m excited to be sharing with a new audience.
MuzicNotez: You just re-released your album “Hayden: The Album” why did you decide on a re-release now? Is there anything new or updated on this?
- Hayden Grove: The reason I decided on a re-release was honestly the growth of my TikTok platform. My TikTok is my only platform dedicated to singing and music and it just so happens to be the platform on which I have the most followers. So, as I released this album in 2019, prior to getting a TikTok, I figured I’d use the platform to promote the music to a much larger audience than I previously had.
MuzicNotez: I recently saw a video on your TikTok from a Michael Bublé show you were at, where he actually mentioned you on stage, mid show, and basically promoted your TikTok page. What was that like hearing a legendary artist you look up to not only mention you, but actively try to help you succeed?
- Hayden Grove: It has honestly been the most incredible thing to happen in my life. Michael has been a hero to me since I was ten years old and for him to become a friend of sorts has been absolutely surreal. It’s been an absolute dream come true. The entirety of how it’s happened, from him liking a video of mine on TikTok to following me, to commenting on my videos, to him calling me out at his show and doubling my following on TikTok and now talking directly at times, I am beyond blessed. And so, so, so grateful to him for not only all of this, but for everything he’s knowingly and unknowingly done for me for the past 20 years.
@h_grove Thank you, @michaelbuble ♬ original sound – Hayden Grove
MuzicNotez: I just noticed that you have a huge volume of listeners from Turkey on Spotify, never would have thought the largest followers of new crooners would be over there. Any idea how that happened?
- Hayden Grove: Honestly, I have no idea, but I’m very appreciative. Thank you, Turkey!
MuzicNotez: You’re also in Sports media, in Cleveland, where Kevin Love was a big star. What can you say about how he inspired you regarding mental health?
- Hayden Grove: Man, I was lucky enough to get to know Kevin through my job in sports media in Cleveland and he was such an incredible human being to be able to get to know. He inspired me to share my own story of mental illness and mental health to the world. He was so strong in sharing his story and I wanted him to know the impact that he’s had on the world. We were able to talk for about an hour right after my story was published and it was a conversation I’ll never forget. We truly saw eye-to-eye, human-to-human. He was just Kevin and I was just Hayden– two people who have battled the same illness, who are in the fight together. I’ll forever be grateful to him as well.
MuzicNotez: What’s the music scene like in Cleveland for an independent artist like yourself?
- Hayden Grove: Honestly, I’ve been lucky. I’ve sung with small groups, big groups, but mostly stick to singing solo. I’ve been able to find some great venues for live music and after getting my foot in the door, I’ve been able to swing it open pretty widely. For me, Cleveland has been perfect. I’d love to do more and will certainly work to do more, but I feel that Cleveland has been very good to me in literally a million ways.
MuzicNotez: Which social network do you feel gives you the biggest boost in your music career?
- Hayden Grove: Oh, TikTok for sure. I mean, I owe TikTok everything. Look at the answer about Michael Buble above. None of this would be possible without TikTok. It’s crazy to think about, but the day I downloaded TikTok during the pandemic was the day my life would change in incredible ways. Never would I have believed what TikTok has helped me to do.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Hayden Grove: The honest answer is that at this moment, I’m just letting things play out. See how the re-release does, see what opportunities arise from that. I take things day by day. I still want to get signed. I still have big ideas for big records, Christmas records, etc., but I’m just focused on one thing at a time right now.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Hayden Grove: I just want to say thank you. For anyone who’s followed me, listened to me, supported me, appreciated me, it means a lot and I don’t take it for granted. I do want to take it further and to more corners of the world, but I certainly don’t take it for granted. Thank you and God bless you!