MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- The World Of Mick: My dad gave me my first guitar lesson at 5. I wrote my first song when I was 10.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- The World Of Mick: Beatles, Eric Clapton, BB King, Peter Greens, Fleetwood Mac, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Crosby Stills & Nash, Adele, Diddy, Johny Cash, John Mayer, Tom Petty, John Lydon.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- The World Of Mick: To connect people with my music. To change people’s lives for the better. Music is a force for unity and harmony. Let’s enjoy it for that and celebrate it.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- The World Of Mick: Grateful Dead at Madison Square Garden. Playing at London’s Queen Elizabeth Hall with Tim Rose.
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the album ‘Universal Traveller’, what inspired this album? How would you describe it?
- The World Of Mick: “Mick II: Universal Traveller” is my second solo album. I put it together during the pandemic so the songs reflect the highs and lows of my life during that. I was getting into electronic music during that time so that is part of Mick II.
MuzicNotez: You have been in a lot of bands over your years before going off and starting your own solo career. What have you learned from those years in bands that helped you become the solo artist you are today?
- The World Of Mick: I learned about being a side-man and being a front-man in a band. There is a difference.
MuzicNotez: You have opened some musical studios over the years and worked with countless musicians, how has this shaped your recording process?
- The World Of Mick: I learned about not just being a music producer but how to engineer my own sessions. I’ve been blessed to have some great mentors in my musical world. I also learned about the songwriting process, first with other songwriters, then with my own process.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- The World Of Mick: I am finishing off my latest video for my new single from Mick II, Stroll On. Already getting some radio play. Both single and video should be ready for release the 4th of November.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- The World Of Mick: I am putting songs together for my third album, watch this space for updates. I am also preparing a coaching course for songwriting. Watch this space!