MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Ran Blacc: My father, my father had his own band they made vine all they toured so I just grew up as an athlete watching my father do music and it was always something and I was aspired to do so I was motivated to do music through no grown-up and and and I de se my father and his music.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Ran Blacc: I again but I think first will have to be my dad probably the first music talent that I knew of; secondly would have to be two pop or two packs of core definitely had a lot of inspiration in my music. I just grew up listening to him and being able to understand I’m in a lot of stories he was portraying in his music, definitely have to say Michael Rhyan, Prince Miami sound machine Gloria Estefan, you know all the old school R&B Master P , Wu-Tang enemy just a bunch of different music genres from different eras, Randy Travis Garth Brooks a whole Lotta different people lotta different places, Timberland and I mean just different ways people do things different in their own way, you know just lotta different genres of music different industry music moguls that left their influence other stamp on the music.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Ran Blacc: Music for the fame it’s not about being famous its about sharing the brand, building a brand created an avenue in which my family can eat. Creating music that can last for generations’ and build generational revenue that continues to to help others and for it all to be on my shoulders and also been able to help somebody’s independent artist that don’t really know how to go about starting their career, help them move their career in the right direction; from promotion, A&R work, and development like all of that matters to me. I miss a lot more than just saying or want to be famous about the revenue stream in the brand helping others it’s always been important to me.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Ran Blacc: I do a tour every season winter fall summer spring is called the way too grown tour I’ve been a part of a lot of different shows of different tours performing under big headliners Treana Compton AV snoop like I’ve had opportunities to do all those things but I think that the way to grow on tour is probably be the biggest thing that I partake in yearly because it’s created by us done by us it’s just pretty awesome
MuzicNotez: You have a new project coming out September 1st called ‘Alter Egos’, what can you tell us about this?
- Ran Blacc: The next installment of the mixtape series, I’m gonna mix take a series called Alter Egos mixtape series and there’s four of them right now. The one release except number one will be the fifth version and we kind of took this version back to an 80s or 90 style; Ice cube, jackin for beats type of mentality, where we took some of the best industry songs that I’m sure you will hear on the radio every day and we we made them not really a cover but we actually just remade the whole song still using that beat trying to recreate something what people will like.
MuzicNotez: You’re from Las Vegas and went to UNLV, where you had a successful football career. Then you created ‘Team Black and Blue Athletes’ to help student athletes like yourself on and off the field. What can you tell us about that?
- Ran Blacc: I’m originally from Kentucky, not Vegas. I came to Vegas when I was five and have been out there ever since. I spent some time in San Diego, live in San Diego for five years in and out of New York for a couple years ,Texas as well. Yeah man, I just try to start a nonprofit organization that would help student athletes like myself and kind of give them the aspects of sport that I didn’t get things that I felt like I was lacking growing up as a kid. Once I got to college, even once I got into trying to make a NFL team some of those things that I felt like you could’ve used this; I wish somebody would’ve taught me this earlier were all the different things and I tried to supply to the youth prior to them getting to college so they will be steps ahead to me that was important.
MuzicNotez: You have your own label called ‘Real Musiq Entertainment’, what kind of music and events do you release?
- Ran Blacc: no we change the name the name of the label now is Crown Republik Entertainment LLC and then our record label is called Crown Music and we have a Crown Graphix we have just added Crown Radio, we have Crown Republik Entertainment, merchant apparel; we have a lot of different stuff going on right now including Crown Models podcast that we have the round table just doing a lot of things over here trying to stay involved in the new technology wave. There are so many different things coming and going so abruptly, so quickly now that you have to catch the wave early or if you don’t then you end up missing the wave altogether. So we’re just doing a whole bunch of things and again trying to create a revenue stream that will allow us to continue doing what it is that we enjoy doing.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Ran Blacc: We have the Altar Egos album coming out in November actually November 22 of 2022 the album will drop so we just released a mixtape which we gave away for free on Audiomack but will be selling the album coming out on Empire, with Crown Music it will be the first Altar Ego that we actually sell so we’re super excited about that super looking forward to seeing how the album sales rather than just mixtape. You know, the album and mixtapes I’ve done have always done in the tens of thousands of views so we’ve always been excited to drop the mixtape but now we have an opportunity to drop an album and see how that sells too so we’re looking forward to it.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Ran Blacc: First and foremost I like to thank God and thank my parents for always being inspirational and motivational pushing me towards always finding keys to success in trying to be successful, not giving up always trying to do more. Thank you goes out to the fans and the listeners’; I’m a big advocate of of time time management in time being important so super humbled really grateful for all the listeners and all the fans generations of people, it’s not just people my age but is the younger generations as well partake in my music. You know time is valuable so I just appreciate those people with investing time to listen to my music and build all my art in my craft that’s just awesome to support my business in my vision all that that again, all that’s important to meet me and that’s part of my moral code appreciate that I’m humbled by that.