MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- R.O.M.A.N.: I started creating music when I was 7 years old. My mom used to smoke cigarettes and I wanted her to stop so I made a rap about cigarettes being bad for your health. The song was pretty good and everyone who heard it loved it. Music is my life, and I love creating it.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- R.O.M.A.N.: My music idols were Michal Jackson, Prince, TuPac, Biggie, Andre-3000. These artists were very creative in their art form. I love the fact that they never limited themselves not to try other elements in their music. Plus, they were saying something.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- R.O.M.A.N.: I want to become a great writer of songs, not just for me but also for other artist. I listen to all sorts of genres. So I incorporate different styles into my music. I’m aiming for my song to also reach movies, television shows, commercials, and I also write films. My music is my first platform, then the rest will follow.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- R.O.M.A.N.: My greatest concert I’ve ever performed was the Winter Olympics as a headliner in Salt Lake City, UT…
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the video ‘Touch’, what motivated this video? How would you describe it?
- R.O.M.A.N.: I wanted to show a different side of Hip-Hop in having a party, dancing with friends. Keeping the video sexy but classy. Something away from the hood. The feel of something different in the song. It fits in different genres. You can’t just put it in a box. The song is timeless and makes you feel good.
MuzicNotez: You’ve had a lot of success in groups before going solo and creating your new name R.O.M.A.N., what’s your name mean?
- R.O.M.A.N.: Roman means Strong & Powerful. I love that because it describes myself. I can be very quiet but that does not mean weak. I’m absorbing the situation. I placed dots in between the letters Roman to identify who I am as Roman.
MuzicNotez: You’re very confident in your writing skills. What’s you’re writing style like when creating music?
- R.O.M.A.N.: When writing music if feel the beat grabs your attention first. Then you must listen to the track over and over and the music will talk to you, on what it is saying. You must analyze your mood on how the song makes you feel, then write. I’ve been told by many people and platinum artist that I am a master of writing Hooks/Chorus. I just love writing music and one day I plan to help many other with their dreams.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- R.O.M.A.N.: At the time I’m also in the works of working on a Podcast and writing a few movie scripts. I’m currently networking with publishers on getting my song in commercials, movies, and I have a European Fashion Tour interested in touring using the song.