MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Matthew Nino Azcuy: I started making music when I was 16. I needed an art elective in High School, and I was so bad at photography and drawing that I was placed into an electronic music class. I fell in love with making beats and recording songs. Never looked back.
Linktree: Follow here »
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Matthew Nino Azcuy: So many, I would say Guns N Roses, Eminem, Kanye West, Falling in Reverse, Disturbed, Hinder, Lil Wayne, & Dr. Dre. A blend of rap and rock groups. Listening to all that on conjunction with one another, made the sound that I have when I go to the studio.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Matthew Nino Azcuy: When it comes to my music, I would say what motivates me the most is the passion for growing as a musician. In today’s day and age, it’s so easy to get caught up in the numbers, likes, streams, popularity, and money. For me, I don’t focus on any of that. For me, there is no place I would rather be than making music. Not only is it therapy for me, but I enjoy the journey, and all the amazing producers, beat makers, artists, friends, and business associates that we meet along the way. My goal is to grow as a music producer and artist, hopefully opportunity will arise from that dedication.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Matthew Nino Azcuy: Greatest concert I ever went to was the Supervillains Tour in 2015 (Falling in Reverse, Attila, Metro Station).
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the single ‘Want You’, what inspired this release?
- Matthew Nino Azcuy: Want You is about the overwhelming and beautiful emotions when people miss someone, something, or some time in someone’s life. Themes of love, romance, loss, and missing someone. The song is focused on the idea of missing someone special. A critical theme that hopefully will resonate with all those broken hearts who have been longing for something as fiery and passionate as love.
MuzicNotez: How do you write and produce your music?
- Matthew Nino Azcuy: Well I always start with the instrumental catalogue. I just go through an entire library of beats and instrumental in a pack (either that I have made myself or one of my producers). Then, I see if I can truly feel the music within my soul if it talks to me. If it does, I hum out a melody, and then fill that melody with lyrics.
MuzicNotez: You’re influenced by various genres. Is there a genre you haven’t worked in yet that you would like to?
- Matthew Nino Azcuy: I would like to focus more on electro-pop and pop-punk in the future.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Matthew Nino Azcuy: Yes, I am so excited to be recording new music finally! I am planning to release fun covers on YouTube every two weeks to my channel. I got my ring light and my setup almost complete. I am also 4 songs into my next album, which hopefully will be released later this year.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Matthew Nino Azcuy: Thank you for all that you do for artists and music around the world. Let’s keep making music. I will also say this to anyone who is listening and needs to hear this. Times are tough right now and it’s so easy to get consumed in dark periods and become discouraged. I say to look at this moment (in whatever your dreams are) to keep fighting. See this as an opportunity to build something when the world has gone quiet. Things will get better, and by building yourself up now, you could really set yourself up in your industry in the coming decade. Keep going, keep having faith, and please never give up. Life is worth living!