MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Slyide: I started at 29 years old. I guess its a late start to some. But i just gravitated to it. I wanted to make a change i wanted to feel accomplished. I decided to take a leap of faith and look at me now!!!!
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Slyide: Eminem , Snoop Dogg , Aerosmith , Def Leppard , Vanilla Ice, Dr Dre , Backstreet Boys , O Town , Ludacris , Nas , Hopsin , Tech N9ne , Diddy , Lil Wayne , Bone Thugz N Harmony , Alice Cooper , Garth Brooks , George Strait and many more.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Slyide: I want the best artists over my beats. The cream of the crop. I also wish to fill up my studio wall with gold and platinum record plaques. I wanna make it make it!!
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Slyide: I dont perform but the best show I’ve ever been to was dj shows at clubs in tucson az with dj jahmar international and deejay L3XX.
MuzicNotez: Your new album is entitled ‘Devotion’, how would you describe this album?
- Slyide: A trip through my mind and my heart and soul. Its an expression of love and emotion with a hint of tenacity.
MuzicNotez: What’s your method for writing and producing your music?
- Slyide: It all starts with a beat. I usually dont know im gonna be writing until i put the beat together. If it immerses me then its poetry in motion. It has to activite all my lil sensors.
MuzicNotez: You have been diagnosed with high functioning autism, how does this effect you as an artist?
- Slyide: Because of my autism i have been able to self learn / teach myself the trade from production to songwriting and also through mentors the business end as well.
Im multi talented.
I would never have achieved what i have if i didn’t have autism.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Slyide: I hear by the end of 2022 there is gonna be a Devotion Side B but that’s just what i hear.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Slyide: All I’ve ever needed is a opportunity.
All i really need now is exposure.
To get my work in front of the masses!!!
My biggest achillies heel has been lack of a budget.
I do not wish to sign as a artist i am a producer 1st and love being independent.
Im ready for my 15 minutes.