MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
Introduce yourselves, what are your names and rolls in the band?
- Demolition Amore: Hello you guys, we are Demolition Amore.
Steve Arthur: Rhythm guitar
Victor H Mendoza: Lead Guitars and Keyboards
Nicky Phenom: Lead Vocals
Claudio Leoni: Drums
Leo D Swagger: Bass and Keyboards
MuzicNotez: How did you meet and form up? How long have you been together?
- Demolition Amore: I have been friends with Victor, Steve, and Claudio for years, but the last one to arrive was Nicky, who we met after we published an ad looking for a vocalist on Craiglist.
MuzicNotez: Your band members are from all over the world and you’re looking to break down boundaries, music is a universal language that often has the power of bringing people together. This is especially needed as we come out of a pandemic. How are you looking to bring people together with your music?
- Demolition Amore: Definitely throughout our sound and through the messages within our lyrics. We try to bring positive messages in our music. We think the world is so full of enough shit to keep on bringing the same lyrics full of sexual content, depression, and any other human conflict. We were thinking to ourselves, “How can we avoid talking about that kind of stuff in our music?”, when those same topics can affect our emotions, and the way we act and behave. We have an amazing songwriter, a Canadian guy named Al Faragalli, and he helps us out by putting our ideas onto paper based on the music we come up with.
MuzicNotez: How did you come up with the name Demolition Amore?
- Demolition Amore: Leo D Swagger: Hahahaha that is a good question. I was doing a wall demolition at my place with Steve’s help in order to remodel my kitchen and after seeing all of the mess created after a couple of weeks, I woke up one day and told Steve, “Man this is a whole destruction, a demolition made with AMORE” (Italian for Love) and we said, hey wait a minute!!! We have an awesome band name here, Demolition Amore!
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the band you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Demolition Amore:
Leo D Swagger: Van Halen, Gustavo Cerati
Steve Arthur: Smashing Pumpkins, Pear jam
Nicky Phenom: Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler
Victor H Mendoza: Jon Lord, Jimi Hendrix
Claudio Leoni: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Demolition Amore: As a band, we haven’t had the chance to perform live yet, we are actually still working to complete the album. We expect to be performing live any time soon, in fact our first two singles have put the band on the spot and we have some interesting proposals for some shows in London, Australia, Canada, Colombia and Germany so far. Individually as musicians, Victor and Claudio opened for Bon Jovi when they played a show in Venezuela.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a band? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Demolition Amore: We just want to bring honesty in our music, despite all of the goals we may achieve. We’d like people to enjoy what we do and to connect with our audience. Music is a powerful emotional tool and we want to use it as well as possible to bring joy, hope, and good vibes!!!!
MuzicNotez: Your latest release is the single entitled ‘Bloodshot Eyes’, how would you describe this track?
- Demolition Amore: Powerful, meaningful, and catchy; it seduces your ears. We feel happy and proud with this work.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Demolition Amore: As we mentioned before, we are focusing on completing the album. There will be two more singles coming out soon, the third one is a Rock and Roll party that we named “YOU OWN IT”. It is an invitation to forget all of the human drama, to lay back, relax and enjoy life as best as you can.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Demolition Amore: We’d like our fans to keep on supporting us! That is the best way for us to feel motivated, so go to your favorite streaming platform, listen to our music, go to our social networks, and follow the band on Instagram, Facebook, and visit our website to be part of this Demolition!!! Thank you so much!