MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
- Frankie Sharp: It’s an honour to sit down with you guys too, thank you so much for having me!
MuzicNotez: What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Frankie Sharp: I started vocal performance training at age 5. I was a part of a group called “The CM singers” and I fell in love with being on stage and being accompanied by a band. It was when I was in high school that I picked up the guitar and started writing my own music as a way to express myself. Trying not to be bored in quarantine, I started sitting down at the piano and that sparked another 10 or so songs out of me that I cannot wait to share!
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Frankie Sharp: I always have listened to a wide range of music growing up and I still do. I love soulful artists with an edge like Alicia Keys, Miley Cyrus, Christina Aguilera, Sharon Van Etten, and my new fave. H.E.R.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Frankie Sharp: I want my music to be enjoyed and I want my music to reach people. My originals are written from my personal experience, usually to help me move through a certain feeling. Whether it is providing “good-energy” empowering vibes (Wait Is Over), or helping someone to get over a break up, or reminiscing on great memories. I want to connect with my audience.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Frankie Sharp: Arctic Monkeys at the Squamish Valley Music Festival. Hands down.
MuzicNotez: You were in the midst of a successful acting career when the pandemic hit. You took advantage of this opportunity to kick off your music career. Being part of both sides of the entertainment industry, what’s your favorite aspects of being on the musical side now?
- Frankie Sharp: I get to say exactly what I want to say, and do exactly what I want to do when I want to do it. Instead of waiting for the next role, I can stay in action constantly collaborating and creating. And to me it speaks more to my soul than acting does. It makes me feel incredibly fulfilled.
MuzicNotez: Your first single released is entitled ‘Wait Is Over’, what does this first release mean to you?
- Frankie Sharp: Haha I really want to say it is about waiting for the world to go back to normal, but no, it’s about deciding to be brave with love and go “all in” on a relationship. I really wanted my “break-out” song to be bold, and high energy. I love how this song makes me feel with the upbeat rhythm and nods to 80’s rock. I always feel confident, ready and excited when I listen to ‘Wait Is Over’. I blast it in my car when I’m on my way to auditions now!
MuzicNotez: Having experience performing on stage in musicals and plays, plus being an actress, I’d imagine performing on stage to create your music video for ‘Wait Is Over’ was a fun experience and came naturally for you, plus you got to work with your brother on it. What was that whole experience like for you?
- Frankie Sharp: I had the time of my life. I didn’t realize how much I missed being on stage, as music had become more of a hobby due to focusing on my acting career, until I got up there. It is a feeling so hard to describe… an aliveness that I don’t really get anywhere else. And I love my brother to bits. He inspires me everyday, there was no question that he was the obvious choice to direct my first music video! He is so generous and inspired. It never felt like work, it was pure fun.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Frankie Sharp: Currently I play a recurring villain, “Sunshine”, on CW’s The Flash, and I just signed on to play a supporting character in a very well known video game…that must remain a secret. My next release will be an original song, ‘One Day’, and we are finalizing the finishing touches! So so excited to be sharing soon. Stay tuned!