MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Ava Kolker: Aww, thank you. Happy to talk to you as well. As an actress, you always step into someone else’s shoes and situation, and I started craving expressing myself with my feelings and emotions and found that music was a great way to do that. I started at 12.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Ava Kolker: I love Ariana Grande, Sabrina Carpenter, Lady Gaga, Harry Styles, Beyonce and so many more.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Ava Kolker: I haven’t decided where I want to take my music yet, but I just hope to keep creating and keep writing and hope that my music connects with people and that my audience can relate to it.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Ava Kolker: I absolutely loved Andy Grammer. He’s such an amazing artist and his energy on stage was infectious. You can tell he is having so much fun and it’s contagious. I was very inspired.
MuzicNotez: You have a new track coming out on November 4th, what can you tell us about this release?
- Ava Kolker: It’s called “All to Myself” and it’s about the influence and connection an artist can create with their fans, but this one is from the fan’s perspective, so it’s like a story.The video is super fun, and tells a story like a short film.
MuzicNotez: Your career in the entertainment industry started at the age of 4 and bloomed into a successful acting career. If you could have a night on stage performing your music or acting, what would you prefer? Which is more rewarding?
- Ava Kolker: That’s a hard one! I have to say both, like musical theater. I did a lot of musical theater as a kid, and it combined both and I absolutely loved it. You get to step into a character but connect with your audience when you sing. It’s an amazing rush for me.
MuzicNotez: You’re also a social media influencer with millions of fans, how does it feel to have so much support?
- Ava Kolker: It’s very humbling and I feel so blessed to have so many follow my journey and growth with so much support and love. In an industry that puts you under the microscope, I have to say I am very lucky that the support has been very steady and non-judgmental and I am so grateful for every single person who has supported me along the way.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Ava Kolker: I am working on an EP, which I hope to release in early 2023, and I have a movie coming out on November 11 called “Manifest West”. I hope everyone will check that out and look out for my EP coming soon.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Ava Kolker: Just that I love you all and check out all the songs I already have out on spotify and other platforms. I can’t wait to keep sharing my world with you all.