MuzicNotez: First off, it’s an honor to be doing this interview with you, thanks for taking the time to sit down with us.
What motivated you to start creating music? What age did you begin?
- Lyric Notes: My motivation for music was birthed by my father and my late brother. Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. My father is known for his gospel singing here in New Orleans, La., which has always laid the foundation for me as an artist. My father Bobby Wilson Sr has always given me advice on the correct decisions to make on this journey and it has been greatly appreciated. Next, my late brother Gilbert is the reason I started writing music. We lost him right before Katrina hit New Orleans by way of a terrible car accident and since has been my biggest driver throughout my music career. Gilbert taught me many things but the most important would be to never give up even when there’s no visible solution to your issue. He is greatly missed and appreciated for his consistent love shown to his loved ones. Since, I’ve been writing and producing my own music going on 15 years now.
MuzicNotez: Who were your musical influences, idols, or bands growing up that have helped mold you into the musician you are today? Or helped mold the music that you create?
- Lyric Notes: My biggest motivators when it comes to who I am in music comes from a plethora of artists throughout the music industry. KRS-One is my biggest motivator being my music as he is the architect of “True Hip-Hop”. He is the epitome of creating music within yourself. Next, Nas is my next person on my top 3 motivational artist. Nas has been one of those artist that I can listen to over and over as if it’s my first time hearing him. His knowledge that is poured into his projects has helped point me in the direction I’ve wanted to go with my content. Finally, Logic is my 3rd artist in my personal top 3 motivational artist. Logic’s drive towards his music is matched by no one as I’ve watched him develop from being independent to becoming one of the most respected MCs of our time. These artists aren’t my full list of motivational artist but are the most important to me as an artist within my own art.
MuzicNotez: What’s the ultimate goal you want your music to achieve, or for you to achieve in your career as a musician? Any particular message you wish to send?
- Lyric Notes: My biggest goals at the moment with my music is to continue to learn and grow within my art. Also, reaching as many people as possible while recording music is my next biggest goal. I would love to do more networking with other artists and I’m currently looking for more artists to produce music for. Any in music currently should understand that this is a marathon. Nothing happens over night but consistency conquers all.
MuzicNotez: What’s the greatest concert you’ve ever been to or performed?
- Lyric Notes: The best performance I’ve been to was when Soulja Slim did a free day concert at Armstrong park the year before him being gunned down. Slim will always be my hometown champion as he showed our city how to bounce back when most figures you were done. He is our Tupac in New Orleans and will always be remembered as an icon!
MuzicNotez: You’re not just an artist you’re also an entrepeneur, tell us a bit about the business ventures you’re apart of.
- Lyric Notes: Currently, I’m the CEO of Anutha Realm Productions and has been licensed by the state of Louisiana. I’ve successfully produced, mixed and mastered music for over 30 since becoming an official business. I’m also the ambassador for Urbanice, which is a authentic jewelry store that can be found online. All purchases made are eligible for my discount by using LYRIC20 at checkout. Finally, I’m successfully running my own clothing line and have been operating for almost 1 year. My clothing is very unique in the art designs and orders can be placed by reaching out to me on my Instagram @lyric_notes504.
MuzicNotez: You’re new album is entitled ‘Anutha Realm’, what’s this album mean to you?
- Lyric Notes: My New Album is a symbol of hope and truth. From beginning to end, this project was very unique in its creation. Something people don’t know about this album, it was started at my studio in New Orleans and interrupted by the recent hurricane Ida. My family and I were located in Shreveport, Louisiana during this time. I was able to bring my studio equipment with me on the vacation from the storm and was able to finish it while in Shreveport.
MuzicNotez: What’s your writing style like when writing music?
- Lyric Notes: My foundation in writing comes from writing poetry. After losing my brother I started placing my poetry to beats and that graduated to me rapping. My writing is highly influenced my my top 3 artist as I’m very unique within my art.
MuzicNotez: What else are you working on? What can we expect to see and hear from you in the future?
- Lyric Notes: I recently did a compilation project with my brother from another, Quick Springsteen which can be found on Spotify. Quick brings a ton of energy on everything he raps on and is a complete pleasure to work with. Outside of that, I currently have 6 albums in the works and newly will be hosting FREE online investing classes for those who are interested in crypto investments.
MuzicNotez: Anything else you wish to say about yourself or your music? Any message for your fans?
- Lyric Notes: I want everyone to know that I’m also a Psychology major and has always been a peoples person. I respect everyone the same way I want to be treated and I wish everyone the utmost success throughout their journeys. I’m actively looking to expand by working with more artists around the world and very eager to meet those interested. No matter what you are doing in life, stick to it throughout the good and bad knowing there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.